MAXIMUM HEAT INDEX
May 29, 2019
FIVE (5) DAYS FORECAST FOR HEAT INDEX
Issued at : 5:00 PM 29, May 2019 Valid Beginning : 8:00 AM tomorrow
Next Update to be Issued : 5:00 PM tomorrow
Note: Time Zone- Philippine Standard Time
|EFFECTS OF HEAT INDEX IN OUR BODY
|T in Celsius
||T in Fahrenheit
||Heat Index (Human Discomfort Index)
|27 – 32°C
||80 – 90°F
Fatigue is possible with prolonged exposure and activity.
Continuing activity could result heat cramps.
|32 – 41°C
||90 – 105°F
Heat Cramps and Heat exhaustion are possible.
Continuing activity could result heat stroke.
|41 – 54°C
Heat Cramps and Heat exhaustion are likely;
Heat stroke is probable with continued activity.
Heat Stroke is imminent.
HEAT INDEX – are human discomfort index that gives the "apparent" temperature or what human perceive or feel as the temperature affecting their body. High air temperatures and high relative humidity will give high apparent temperatures or indices. Full exposure to sunshine can increase the heat index by 8°C.
- Stay indoors as much as possible, if air conditioning is not available, stay on the lowest floor out of the sunshine.
- Wear lightweight and light colored clothing. Light colors will reflect the sun's energy.
- Drink plenty of water regularly. The body needs water to keep cool.
- Water is the safest liquid to drink during heat emergencies. Avoid drinking liquor because it dehydrates the body.
- Eat small meals however eat more often. Avoid eating foods of high in protein which can increase metabolic heat.