Radiosonde Transmitter, Lockheed Martin Sippican Date: December 29, 2016
For cloud seeding operation
1. The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA), through the Regular Fund 101 intends to apply the sum of Nine Million Nine Hundred Ninety Six Thousand Pesos (PHP9,996,000.00) only being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for “Supply and Delivery of 588 pcs. Radiosonde Transmitter Lockheed Martin Sippican Inc. 403 MHZ, LMSG, with free Meteorological Balloons”. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at bid opening.
2. The PAGASA now invites bids for the “Supply and Delivery of 588 pcs. Radiosonde Transmitter Lockheed Martin Sippican Inc. 403 MHZ, LMSG, with free Meteorological Balloons”. Please see specification/Terms of Reference. Project Completion is within sixty (60) calendar days. Price is inclusive of VAT and all other taxes. Price Validity is one hundred twenty (120) calendar days. Warranty is one (1) year commencing from the date of issuance of final acceptance of the Project by PAGASA. Transmitter which does not lock-up during ground check will be replaced by the supplier within three (3) months period. Transmitter and Met. Balloons should be delivered on site.
3. Bidders should have completed, within three (3) years from the date of submission and receipt of bids, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section 2. Instructions to Bidders and Section 9. Checklist of Eligibility Requirements.
4. Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act 9184 (RA 9184), otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”.
5. Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, partnerships, or organizations with at least seventy five percent (75%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines.
6. Interested bidders may obtain further information from PAGASA BAC Secretariat and inspect the Bidding Documents at the 3rd Floor, Records Management Section (RMS), PAGASA Main Building, Science Garden Complex, BIR Road, Diliman, Quezon City, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. It may also be downloaded at the PhilGEPS Website free of charge.
7. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested Bidders from the above-stated address and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee for the Bidding Documents in the amount of Ten Thousand Pesos (P 10,000.00) only.
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below not later than January 24, 2017 on or before 9:00 A.M. Late bids shall not be accepted. Bid opening shall immediately follow and will be opened in the presence of the Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the Amihan Conference Room, 2/F PAGASA Main Building, Science Garden Complex, BIR Road, Diliman, Quezon City. All Bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable forms and in the amount stated in ITB Clause 18.
9. The Complete Schedule of Bidding Activities is summarized as follows:
|1. Posting of Invitation to Bid/ Newspaper
||Jan. 08 – 15, 2017/
January 8, 2017
|2. Issuance of Bidding Documents
||Jan. 08 – 27, 2017 from
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
|RMS, 3/F PAGASA Central Office
|3. Pre-bid Conference
||January 17, 2017 / 9:00 a.m.
||*Amihan Conference Room
|4. Submission of Envelopes 1 & 2
||January 30, 2017 / on or before 9:00 a.m.
||*Amihan Conference Room
|5. Opening of Envelopes 1 & 2
||January 30, 2017 / 9:01 a.m.
||*Amihan Conference Room
10. The bidders shall submit three (3) copies of their duly accomplished eligibility requirement, technical and financial proposals in two (2) separate envelopes, duly marked and sealed following the instructions under Item 20 of the BDS.
11. Only those who have purchased the Bidding Documents shall be allowed to participate in the pre-bid conference. Bidder’s duly authorized representatives must show proof of their authority to participate in the pre-bid conference, such as, duly signed authorization, notarized secretary’s certificate or special power of attorney. Only two (2) representatives per bidder shall be allowed during the pre-bid conference.
12. The Bidder shall complete the appropriate Price Schedules to be provided to the bidders as part of the Bidding Documents, stating the unit prices, total price per item, other inclusive charges such as insurance fees, freight charges and applicable local and foreign taxes, the total amount and the expected countries of origin of the Goods to be supplied under this Project.
13. The PAGASA reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, to annul the bidding process, and to reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
BIDS AND AWARDS COMMITTEE FOR GOODS AND SERVICES:
CYNTHIA P. CELEBRE, Ph.D.