SUPPLEMENTAL / BID BULLETIN
Addendum No. IB 2017-020-03
Subject: “Supply, Delivery, Testing, Installation and Commissioning of Video Conferencing Equipment with monitor and stand”; ABC Php2,514,224.00 / P.R. No. 2017-05-04 / Ref. IB 2017-020
This Bid Bulletin is being issued to answer queries submitted in writing by prospective bidders, to wit:
|A. Queries of American Technologies, Inc.
|As per folder of Sample Bidding Forms:
· Tab (B-3 (a)) List of Qualified Key Personnel.
Qualification of Key Personnel Proposed to be Assigned to the Contract
8. PRC License
· May we know how many engineers do you need?
· For the PRC License, can we remove it? Since the proposed solution does not handle any internal electrical requirements hence for any certification we suggest to change it to “Certified Video Conferencing Engineer or Video Conferencing Engineers with at least”. (such individual is trained and certified to install and support the proposed solution)
|1a. We need at least two (2) engineers.
1b. Yes, we can remove the PRC license requirement as long as they are “certified as qualified trained personnel for this field”.
|· Tab (B-3 (c)) Certificate of Employment.
“As __(Designation)__, I know I will have to stay in the job site all the time to supervise and manage the Contract works to the best of my ability, and aware that I am authorized to handle only one (1) contract at a time.”
· Please clarify. Do we need to stay in the job site 24x7? Since the proposed solution requires 24x7 offsite it’s a conflict between the requirements also we will handle 8x5 onsite support if any severity/problem occurs with the system that needs to have a stand by assistance.
|2. You don’t have to stay in the site but there should be assistance in any form, email, txt, phone call, messenger, or on site help if cannot be resolved remotely, within the day of notice.
|· Tab (B-3 (d)) Supplier’s Letter to PE.
1. That I/we have engaged the services of ___(Name of Employee)___, to be the ___(Designation)___ of the ___(Name of Contract)___, who is a ___(Profession)___ with Professional License Certificate No. _______ issued on ____________________ and who has performed the duties in the ____________________________ of the Contracts enumerated in the duly filled Form ___.
|· Can we just remove the “Professional· License Certificate No. _______ issued on ________”? Again the proposed solution does not handle any internal electrical requirements hence for any certification we suggest to change it to “Certified Video Conferencing Engineer or Video Conferencing Engineers with at least”. (such individual is trained and certified to install and support the proposed solution)
||3. We can remove PRC certification number since the PRC requirement is waived.
|4. That said ___________________ shall be personally present at the jobsite to supervise the phase of the works needed pertaining to this assignment as (Designation), all the time.
· Can we remove the “all the time”? Since· the proposed solution requires 24x7 offsite it’s a conflict between the requirements also we will handle 8x5 onsite support if any severity/problem occurs with the system that needs to have a stand by assistance.
|4. We can remove the presence of engineer all the time, however, the support in any form (txt, email, phone call, and messenger) should be available 24 x 7, or a temporary replacement of equipment should be immediately in place in order to avoid disruption of service until such time that the problem is resolved.
|B. Queries of Powercraft Solutions & Data Infrastructure, Inc.
|1. Group700 and Group310 are pertaining to specific video conferencing brand, can we offer other brand that can also comply with your requirements?
||1. Yes, they can offer other brand as long as they can comply with the requirements and the product is not made from China.
|2. We would like to clarify if your requirement is 8-way Full HD (1080p) connection or 8-way SD (Standard Definition) connections since most of the available monitor screen in the market comes with at least Full HD (1080p) resolution?
||2. We do favor 8-way Full HD connection to be ready for our future big bandwidth capability.
|3. Does your system requirement include capability to schedule and send link invite to join in the conference?
||3. This capability can be an added additional feature by the supplier and acceptable to PAGASA.
|4. Do you allow China brand?
||4. We do not allow China brand.
|5. Do you allow, Cloud Solution for MCU?
||5. We do not allow Cloud solution for MCU.
For information and guidance of all participating bidders.
ENGR. CATALINO L. DAVIS