Announcement of Training
Meteorological Technicians Training Course (MTTC)
The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) is conducting a Meteorological Technicians Training Course (MTTC), which will commence on 06 May 2019. The course will run for five (5) months, consisting of eight-hour (whole day) sessions, with theoretical and practical phases covering the Basic Instruction Package for Meteorological Technicians (BIP-MT) prescribed by the World Meteorological Organization.
The MTTC is open to PAGASA employees, personnel of other National Meteorological and Hydrological Services (NMHSs) and other interested applicants. Local applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Physically and mentally fit;
- At least a graduate of any 4-year Bachelor's degree;
- Having passed the sub-professiona/professional Civil Service Commission (CSC) eligibility is an advantage; and
- Pass the qualifying examination.
For personnel of other NMHSs, applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Not more than 35 years old, physically and mentally fit; and
- Must have completed Senior High School.
Applicants may accomplish the application form online
, or in person at the Training and Public Information Section, RDTD, PAGASA/WMO Regional Training Centre, 2nd
with the subject, "MTTC 2019 application".
Applicants who qualify to undergo the training course shall be notified accordingly.
VICENTE B. MALANO, Ph.D.